Sea Kayak in Kalamata
Our destination will be Kalamata, the beautiful seaside capital of Messinia. A full day away from Naplio, full of adventure, sea, fun and local tastes! We start our day by picking you up from the hotel and head to Kalamata. You meet your kayak guides at the beach and start with a small briefng.
The place: This is a coastal tour along the seaside villages east of Kalamata. From the beach of the Messinian capital to the coastal villages of the municipality of West Mani such as Almyros, Mikri Mantinia, Paleochora, Akrogiali, Santova and Kitries, we discover numerous small beaches, spectacular rock formations and turquoise waters.
The activity: At the beginning of our journey we attend a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of sea kayaking, we learn about the equipment and the details of our journey. During the activity will enjoy the cozy Messinian gulf
paddling next to scenic harbors with fishing boats while receiving interesting knowledge and information about the culture, history and traditions of the region.
In the spots with the most beautiful waters we take the advantage for a break for snorkeling. A bigger break is scheduled halfway in order to relax, swim in the cool waters and taste a snack with local products and fruits.
Finally, we stop at the cosmolitan main beach of Kalamata, the place where are locals and tourists meet from April to October! There we will enjoy a meal at a local seaside taverna. With traditional Messinian dishes and a refreshing beer or ouzo!
After this full day we return to Naplio late in the evening, having memories of an amazing day full of Greece!
Departure: will be arranged prior booking
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private round transfer according to program
- Professional English speaking driver
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: boat, paddle, life jacket, spray-skirt, waterproof jacket.
- Extra equipment: waterproof bags and cases, pumps and paddle-oat
- Snorkeling equipment
- BCU trained and certified guides
- Sea Kayak course.
- Tour planning – Sightseeing
- Snack with fruits and local products
- Photographs from the activity.
- Meals (can be arranged with extra 20 euro per person – full course meal + beer or ouzo)
- Personal expenses
approx 11 hours (activity: 4-5 hours)